Harmonics are an increasing problem in today’s modern electrical system. The rapid uptake of sophisticated power electronics devices and non-linear loads has resulted in electrical networks rich in harmonic currents and voltage distortion. Typical effects of harmonics include:
- Overheating of transformers, switchboards, cables and motors
- Nuisance tripping of thermal protection devices
- Overloading of neutral conductors
- Poor Power Factor and premature failure of Power Factor Correction capacitors
- Premature failure of motors and poor motor performance
The Sinexcel Active Harmonic Filter (AHF) series is suitable for a wide range of applications, providing harmonic filtering, voltage imbalance compensation, and step-less reactive power compensation for inductive and capacitive loads.